Who We Are
North End Montessori School offers toddler childcare through fourth grade private school educational opportunities for students and families throughout greater Manchester, New Hampshire.
Our strong academic curriculum and prepared environment is based on the traditional teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori and designed to nurture essential physical, social, emotional and cognitive child development.
Our professional staff encourages student independence, freedom within limits, social responsibility, respect for the environment, and compassionate care and conduct toward others.
The guiding philosophy of our team at North End Montessori School is:
- Every student has a vast learning capacity and unique growth potential
- Young learners practice life skills best in a prepared environment and multi-age classrooms
- Class communities of various ethnic origin enriches students’ learning experiences
- The proven Montessori approach to childhood education nurtures the “whole” child, including each student’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive intellectual development
- Our role is to support students’ personal learning styles in a prepared learning environment
The mission of our teachers and staff at North End Montessori School is:
- To allow each child to experience the excitement of learning by his or her own choice
- To create experiences for hands-on learning that nurtures student creativity and confidence
- To provide an enriching curriculum that facilitates independence, practical life skills, self-discipline, and social responsibility
- To accommodate different learning abilities and personal learning styles
- To help all students understand and engage positively with the world around them
- To cultivate and share opportunities that instill passion for life-long learning in each student
- To maintain prepared environments that allow children to learn at their own speed, according to their own capacity, in a non-competitive manner
North End Montessori School staff members value:
- Life-long education, as most of our teachers have advanced degrees and certifications
- Innovation, as we design our curriculum around proven Montessori approaches and methods
- Inclusiveness, as our learning environments honor various ethnic origins and learning styles
North End Montessori School offers year-round private school education for children aged 15 months to 10 years old. Programs include Toddler Childcare, Preschool & Kindergarten, and Elementary School grades 1-4. Students may enroll anytime as openings become available. Optional benefits for all ages include before and after care; summer camp, and a variety of enrichment programs. Beginning at age 3, from August/September to June individual academic achievement is recorded, celebrated and built upon with individualized lessons. Formal parent teacher conferences are also offered at least twice per year. Learn more about our programs.
Our Facilities & Campus
Our two-campus facility in the heart of Manchester’s historic North End includes a freshly-renovated 24,000 sq. ft. building for students in Preschool and Kindergarten through Grade 4, and a 6,000 sq. ft. Toddler House for Montessori Childcare students. Unique amenities include a large outdoor playground, indoor gymnasium, theater stage with professional lighting, and a commercial culinary kitchen.
Secure and Convenient Access
We are conveniently located at 698 Beech Street in Manchester, NH with secure access and ample free parking. See our admissions page for how to schedule an in-person tour.
Certifications & Memberships
North End Montessori School is an active member of the American Montessori Society (AMS) and is NH Department of Education certified and licensed. Our dedicated and highly-trained staff maintains their professional credentials. Head teachers are AMS-certified, and all staff members regularly participate in educational training workshops and classes that enhance their professional growth. Our faculty also participates in training opportunities through affiliation with professional organizations such as:
- American Montessori Society
- North American Montessori Teachers Association
- The National Association for Education of Young Children
- New Hampshire Montessori Association
Other School Affiliations
North End Montessori School is a private school established by Owner/Director Susan Bradley in 2015, after successful establishment of two other longstanding private Montessori programs located in Bow, NH: